Laundry Facilities & Dry Cleaning Services Industry Profile

Report Page Length: 10-12
Last Quarterly Update: 5/20/2024
SIC Codes: 7211, 7215, 7216, 7219
NAICS Codes: 81231, 81232
Chapters Include:
Industry Overview Trends & Challenges Industry Forecast
Quarterly Industry Update Call Prep Questions Website & Media Links
Business Challenges Financial Information Glossary & Acronyms
View Full Sample Add To Cart

Excerpt from Laundry Facilities & Dry Cleaning Services Industry Profile

Companies in this industry operate self-service laundry facilities or provide dry cleaning, specialty cleaning, and full-service laundering services. Major US companies include CSC ServiceWorks (owner of Coinmach, Mac-Gray, and other brands), EVI Industries (owner of DryClean USA), and Huntington Cleaners (owner of Martinizing and other brands).

Global dry-cleaning and laundry services market size is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7% from 2023 to 2030, according to Grand View Research. While the US was the largest country in the global market that year in terms of revenue, Asia-Pacific was the largest region. Opportunities exist for companies to expand to emerging markets such as India, where consumers are looking for affordable, hygienic places to do laundry.

The US laundry facilities and dry cleaning services industry includes about 31,000 establishments (single-location companies and units of multi-location companies) with combined annual revenue of about $12 billion. About 21,000 establishments provide retail laundry and dry cleaning services and account for about 65% of industry revenue; about 11,000 establishments operate laundromats and account for the remaining 35% of revenue.

Commercial and industrial laundry services are covered in the Linen and Uniform Supply Services industry profile.


Demand depends on consumer spending. The profitability of individual companies depends on efficient operations and favorable store locations. Large dry cleaning companies can achieve economies of scale by using centralized cleaning operations to serve multiple ...

View Full Sample Add To Cart Return to the Industry Profile Menu

Would you or your company benefit from having unlimited access to First Research's industry intelligence tools?

Learn More About Subscription Options